Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just a Quick Photo Update



I guess I'll start with my big project garden. It is West facing and doesn't get the constant love and attention of my South facing raised beds so we are going to be putting in really low maintenance plants. Right now we have rasberries, blueberries, rhubarb, potatoes, squash and cilantro growing. I have a ton of work to do to this garden still. The first thing we are doing is expanding our berries.



My Pac Man broccoli is getting HUGE! It already has the side shoot florets popping out. It's a really nice looking plant too.



This is our big 4'x8' garden filling out nicely :)



Our front 4 raised beds, we put another container in the middle with some swiss chard and cosmos.

5 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    You have a great looking garden. Can't wait to see more photos as your plants grow up. Nice job.

    SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you via the SFG website. Im trying my 1st one this year too. looking for the nylon netting has been harder than i would have thought.

    that broc does look good! consider harvesting it soon for best taste and to get a 2nd head in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter claimed and ate the first head of broccoli just the other day. It's amazing how much kids love veggies when they come fresh from the garden :) I really love the PacMan variety of broccoli for it's fantastic side shoot production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PacMan huh? We;ll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking great. For me, a Maine gardener, its nice to see a garden already sprouting and green.
    Good luck with your venture.
    Great garden.
    http://quiltbeagardens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete